T.A. (Tad) Delegal III
Thomas A. “Tad” Delegal, III is Board Certified by the Florida Bar in the areas of Labor & Employment Law and State & Federal Administrative Practice. Mr. Delegal is the only attorney in Florida who has received certification in both specialties. He has practiced law in the Jacksonville, Florida area since 1991. Mr. Delegal has lectured on employment law issues before both employer and employee organizations. As a certified employment law expert, Mr. Delegal and his office monitor the constantly changing state of Florida and United States employment law, and provide advice and litigation services to clients on a variety of issues which affect employers and employees.
Tad Delegal’s dual certification is valuable in representing individuals who contest the government’s attempts to harm their professional statuses or careers. Tad regularly represents persons who are contesting discipline of their professional or occupational licenses. He also frequently represents public employees in pension and other administrative matters.
Delegal Law Offices, P.A. represents clients in non-compete litigation, severance disputes, professional licensing issues, public employment litigation, and employment discrimination matters.
Mr. Delegal graduated from the University of Florida with a Bachelor of Arts degree, a Master of Arts, and a Juris Doctor degree. He began the practice of law as an Assistant State Attorney for the 4th Judicial Circuit, where he distinguished himself in trial practice and won the “Rookie of the Year” award.
He served for several years as an officer of the Florida Chapter of the National Employment Lawyers Association. Tad Delegal currently serves as chairperson the Florida Bar’s Labor and Employment Certification Committee, which certifies attorneys as specialists in labor and employment practice. He also serves on the Executive Committee of the Florida Bar Labor and Employment section. Tad serves as a member of the Jacksonville Bar Association’s Board of Governors, and previously chaired the Special Needs Children Committee for the Jacksonville Bar Association. He previously served as a Florida Bar fee arbitrator and currently serves as chairperson of a Florida Bar grievance committee.
Tad Delegal has received an AV rating from Martindale-Hubbell, the highest attorney rating awarded by that service.
Tad was honored by a local news organization which awarded him a 2004 “Twelve Who Care” award for his pro bono service to children with disabilities. He has served for over ten years on the board of directors for the Jericho School for Children with Autism and Related Disabilities, which he currently chairs. Tad is a member of the University of Florida Political Science Department Advisory Board, and previously served on the University of Florida Foundation Regional Advisory Board. He is a founding member of the San Marco Rotary Club and serves as Chancellor and vestry member for All Saints Episcopal Church.
Tad is married to Julie Geisenburg Delegal, who, along with her husband, has worked with many families with disabled children to provide them with educational opportunities. Julie is also a freelance writer who regularly contributes to local publications. Tad and Julie have three children, Buddy, Maia, and Carter.
- Florida Bar, Labor and Employment Specialty
- Florida Bar, Federal State Administrative Practice Speciality
- Florida Bar, 1991
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1998
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida, 1992
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit, 1997
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Florida, 2003
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida, 2003
- University of Florida College of Law, Gainesville, Florida J.D., 1991
- University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida, M.A. in Political Science, 1987
- University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida, B.A., 1985
- Click here to review Representative Cases
- 2009 – Present – Executive Council, Florida Bar Labor & Employment Section
- 2008-2009 – Florida Bar Grievance Committee 4(D), Vice Chairperson
- 1997-2000 – Florida Bar, Fourth Circuit Fee Arbitration Committee
- 2002-2005 – Secretary/Treasurer Florida Chapter, National Employment Lawyers Association
- 2006 – Present – Florida Bar, Labor and Employment Certification Committee, Chairperson 2010 – 2011
- 2007-2008 – Jacksonville Bar, Special Needs of Children – Chairperson
- 2008 – Present – Jacksonville Bar Board of Governors
- American Bar Association
- National Employment Lawyers Association, Florida Chapter
- Jacksonville Justice Association
- Federal Bar Association, Jacksonville Chapter
- Chairman, Jericho School for Children with Autism, Board of Directors, 1997-Present
- Speech & Hearing Center of Northeast Florida, Board of Directors, 1999-2000
- President, Florida Blue Key Leadership Honorary, 1990-1991
- President, Omicron Delta Kappa National Honor Society, 1986
- Grove House, Board of Directors, 2007 – present
- Delta Upsilon Fraternity, Florida Chapter, Alumni Board, 1997 – 2008
- Rotary Club of San Marco, Charter Member
- University of Florida, Political Science Department Advisory Board, 2007 – present
- University of Florida Foundation, Regional Advisory Council, 2007-2008
- All Saints Episcopal Church, Vestry Member, 2008 – present
- All Saints Episcopal Church, Chancellor, 2008 – present
Past Employment Positions
- Delegal Law Offices, P.A., Owner, 1999- Present
- Delegal & Merrett, P.A., Partner, 1997-1999
- Law Offices of T.A. Delegal, III, P.A., Sole Practitioner, 1996-1997
- Fraternal Order of Police, Consolidated Lodge 5-30, In-House General Counsel, 1993-1996
- Fraternal Order of Police, Jacksonville Consolidated Lodge 5-30, General Counsel 1993 to 2007
- Office of the State Attorney, Fourth Judicial Circuit, Assistant State Attorney, 1991-1993
Questionnaires and Labor Law Issues
Recent Awards: Tad Delegal Presented the 2017 Non-Compete Seminar portion of the Florida Bar's Certification Review Course