James Poindexter practices in the area of labor and employment law. James has practiced law in Jacksonville, Florida since graduating from Florida Coastal School of Law in 2014. While attending law school, James worked for Delegal Law Offices as a law clerk for over three years.
In addition to receiving his Juris Doctorate from Florida Coastal School of Law, James concurrently earned a Master’s degree in Business Administration from Jacksonville University where he was inducted into Beta Gamma Sigma, an international honor society for collegiate schools of business. While earning his degrees, James served as a legislator on the Student Bar Association, a citizen member of the Editorial Board for the Florida Times Union, a member of the Executive Board of JCCI-Forward, and a middle school mentor for Communities in Schools’ “Mayor’s Mentors” initiative.
James was born and raised in Jacksonville, Florida and graduated from Episcopal High School in 2007. After leaving Florida to attend college in Illinois and work for a national presidential campaign in 2008, James returned to Florida to graduate from Rollins College in 2011. While working toward his bachelor’s degree in political science, James served in various leadership capacities in his college fraternity, Chi Psi. James also served as a student legislator and president pro tempore for Rollins College’s student government association. In addition to these academic and extracurricular activities, James worked as a legal assistant for a labor and employment firm in Winter Park, Florida, where he decided to apply to law school and ultimately practice this important area of law.
- Florida Bar, 2015
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida, 2015
- Florida Coastal School of Law, Jacksonville, Florida, J.D., 2014
- Jacksonville University, Jacksonville, Florida, M.B.A., 2014
- Rollins College, Winter Park, Florida, B.A. in Political Science, 2011
- American Bar Association
- National Employment Lawyers Association, Florida Chapter
- Jacksonville Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division
- Florida Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division
- Rotaract of Florida’s First Coast, Member, 2012-Present
- Jacksonville Community Council, Inc.—Forward, Executive Board Member, 2011-2014
- Florida Times Union Editorial Board, Citizen Member, 2013-2014
Past Employment Positions
- Delegal Law Offices, P.A., Attorney, 2015-Present
- Delegal Law Offices, P.A., Law Clerk, 2011-2015
- Jill S. Schwartz & Associates, P.A., Legal Assistant, 2010-2011
Questionnaires and Labor Law Issues
Recent Awards: Tad Delegal Presented the 2017 Non-Compete Seminar portion of the Florida Bar's Certification Review Course